POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Niagara WIP 021805 : Re: Niagara WIP 021805 Server Time
9 Aug 2024 17:21:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Niagara WIP 021805
From: Tim McMurdo
Date: 20 Feb 2005 09:00:00
Message: <web.421896bd676eb5b6e93bf990@news.povray.org>
"

> Impressive. I particularly like the ship. How detailed is it? You seem to
> have well-tackled the running rigging. Personally, I found that the most
> difficult part to do right.
>
> Thomas

Thomas, I am modelling the entire ship above deck. I have almost all of the
hull and deck finished. Most of the main mast running rigging is done, but
very little of the fore mast running rigging is completed. The running
rigging is created with a macro based on the LINKS.INC file. I would be
more than happy to share the rigging include file with you if you are
interested.

I am getting a lot of questions on the level of detail of the ship. It
reminds me that I have been working on cloud and sea for a while now and
have not posted an image form the deck in quite some time. I will render
one this weekend and post it early in the week.

Thanks,

Tim